If you're looking for information about our studies on movies and media ratings, then
you might enjoy listening to Dr. Thompson's Medscape
General Medicine website editorials called Kids and Media: Learning Happens (June 10, 2005) and Reforms for Rating Media: Disclosure, Not Censorship (November 5, 2007). You can learn more about movies and our studies by checking out the
- Kids Risk Guide on Media and Kids - April 2006
- Addicted Media, Substances on Screen - 2005
- Dr. Thompson's testimony on the Effectiveness of Media Systems from a Hearing by the U.S.
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, Subcommittee on Science,
Technology, and Space, Senate Russell Building, September 28 2004.
- Study Finds “Ratings Creep:” Movie
Ratings Categories Contain More Violence, Sex, Profanity than Decade Ago
- July 13, 2004
- Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Substances in G-rated
Animated Feature Films - June 5, 2001
- Violence in G-Rated Animated Movies - May